The Redevelopment Board on June 27 approved a proposal with conditions from Deep Cuts Deli of Medford to open at 464 Mass. Ave., the former location of Tango, a restaurant with a microbrewery in the basement.
Both uses are allowed in the B5 district where this property is located. Applicant Jeff Wetzel, who said he has outgrown his location in Medford, expects to have about 15 employees.
Board Chair Rachel Zsembery summarized the conditions for the application, including:
- Historical Commission approval for the exterior painting,
- Making at least one of the front entrances ADA compliant,
- Working with the town to locate exterior bike racks,
- Adding one long-term bicycle parking space in the interior and
- Combining the two signs into a single sign.
The permit with conditions was approved, 4-0, with Melisa Tintocalis abstaining, because she arrived late to the hearing.
Redevelopment Board agenda documents for June 27, 2022
This news summary was published Tuesday, July 5, 2022, based on a meeting summary provided by Steve Revilak.
FACEBOOK BOX: To see all images, click the PHOTOS link just below