The Mass. Ave./Appleton Street Design Review Committee is set to meet Tuesday, March 23, 2021, from 7 to 8 p.m., to discuss the progress to date at finding solutions following the death of a cyclist at the intersection last May.
Preregister for this Zoom meeting here >>
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting. See the agenda >>
Supplementary materials for this meeting:
- Conceptual designs for short and/or long-term improvements for the Mass. Ave./Appleton intersection:
- Short-Term Improvements Alternate 1 (Developed by Green International for the Town)
- Short-Term Improvements Alternate 2 (Developed by Green International for the Town)
- Short-Term Improvements developed by Phil Goff
- Short-Term Improvements developed Neighborways Design
- Redesign concept developed by Petru Sofio
- Correspondence to Select Board RE: Mass. Ave./Appleton from their June 8, 2020, meeting
This is the first meeting of the Mass Ave/Appleton Design Review Committee. For more information, contact Daniel Amstutz at damstutz at town.arlington.ma.us.
In a March 17 blog titled "Town of Arlington Considers Quick-Build Improvements to Deadly Mass. Ave. Intersection," Christian MilNeil describes what he clls "short-term improvements."
May 6, 2020: Fatal collision of 2 bicycles, car probed
This news announcement was published Tuessday, March 23, 2021.
FACEBOOK BOX: To see all images, click the PHOTOS link just below